v.2.00 3017 (09/28/09)
0.2 KB Windows Installer

Go Back   GetGSC.com Forums > GSC News and Updates > News & Updates

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Default GSC Version 2.0 Cutover

Folks,

First I would like to thank everyone who has participated in the GSC 2.0 open beta. With your help, we have been able to stabilize version 2.0 enough to be able to official cut over to GSC version 2.0 official.

Part of making GSC version 2.0 official will be the phasing out of GSC version 1.0 servers. This should have a minimal impact as a majority of the GSC community has already jumped over to GSC 2.0.

For those of you that are on GSC 1.0, all you will have to do is upgrade your client to 2.0. If you are a 1.0 voice channel owner, you would have to recreate your channel(s) once you have upgraded your client to version 2.0.

The cut over date has been set for 5/1/2009. On this date, 1.0 servers will start shutting down. From now till this date, please be sure to upgrade to 2.0 and tell your friends on your buddy list your new voice channel information.

Questions and Answers:

Q: Why are you shutting down version 1.0?
A: Maintaining 2 version of GSC has a lot of development and testing overhead. By reducing the number of maintained major releases, our development team can spend their time more efficiently on the current release. With this reduced overhead, our development team can spend more time on great new features for GSC 2.0 and beyond!

Q: How do I recreate my voice channel?
A: A tutorial on the steps can be found here. As always, you can always use the forums for any questions or concerns that you may have.

Q: I've been on 1.0 since the beginning, what can I expect out of version 2.0?
A: GSC 2.0 has been a complete overhaul of version 1.0 of the client as well as the server. You can see the highlighted features on this thread: http://forums.getgsc.com/showthread.php?t=1667

Last edited by musikit : 04-03-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Closed Thread